This is a pass/fail program that incorporates extensive classroom and hands-on training and incorporates both written and practical examinations that are based on the requirements of the OSHA, ANSI Z359.2 and NATE CTS standards. This course will involve a high degree of hands-on scenarios and will require workers to actively participate in rescue operations.
Students attending this course will expand their knowledge and ability on how to utilize pre-engineered rescue equipment and rescue techniques for safe and efficient rescues. Upon successful completion of this course, the student will receive a certificate acknowledging they have met or exceeded OSHA, ANSI and NATE requirements as a Competent Rescuer. Capital Safety is listed on the NATE site as a NATE Certified Training Partner.
Students will receive a workbook for the class and certification upon completion.
Who should attend
This course is designed for managers, immediate supervisors of authorized rescuers or individuals working at height and is for the supervision, implementation and monitoring of a managed fall protection rescue program.
Duration: 2 days (up to 16 hours)
- Fall hazard elimination and control methods
- Applicable fall protection and rescue regulations
- Assessment of fall hazards to determine rescue method
- The responsibilities of Competent Tower Rescuers
- Detailed inspection and recording of rescue equipment components and systems
- Rescue system assessments and determining when a system is unsafe
- Development of written fall protection rescue procedures
- Industrial rescue techniques for tower climbers
- Solo rescuer
- Team base rescue
- Scene size-up (electrical hazard)
- Initial patient assessment